A traditional stone cottage set in natural surroundings. Comes with ocean views. located in the village of Capelo on the south coast of the island of Faial. The house sits above and overlooks 962m2 of gardens with numerous 10-15 year old trees. The house is dry and features a large open stone fireplace making this a very comfortable home during winter and summer. A stone barn complements the property and makes for a good hobby place/workshop. This property makes an ideal retreat with excellent sunsets over the Atlantic. It is quiet and sitting nicely in the midst of stunning natural surroundings.
- 20 minutes by car from the main town of Horta
- House faces SE with ocean views (coast is less than 1km)
- Immediate access to rural landscapes, woodland paths and extensive coastal walks
- Grocery store 150m
- Within 2.5km 5 restaurants, woodland park, horse riding facilities
- The house has a 200l solar water panel supported by an auto-intelligent (gravity feed) gas water heater (new in 2012) allowing output temperature to be preprogrammed to within 1ºC. The kitchen features a gas oven and hob, dishwasher, washer dryer and fridge (new in 2012).